Nootropic Sleep Enhancer (45 Veg Caps)
Midnight Blue - Bring Back Your Light
*Falling asleep and staying asleep
*Waking up feeling refreshed
*Can also be used as a calmative during the day
For optimal results we recommend not taking more than 1 capsule per night.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Anybody who would like to improve the quality of their sleep, and wake up feeling truly rested.
Good for insomniacs.
Also taken by those without any sleep issues at all, to improve overall quality of sleep, help with "get-up-and-go" energy in the morning, assist with liver detoxification and function as a night-time nootropic for improved mental clarity and emotional processing.
This nootropic has also been used during the day by some, to help stay relaxed and calm whilst awake.
This is also a great supplement to take just before sleeping after a night of heavy indulgence of alcohol.
What we have found with this formulation is that it allows people to fall asleep, and may even reduce the number of times one wakes up during the evening. It often allows one to fall asleep again faster, if one does wake up during the night.
This supplement often increases dreaming and can increase vividness of dreams, without negatively affecting sleep quality, as some dream enhancers can do.
WHY THIS SLEEP SUPPLEMENT IS DIFFERENT
In keeping in line with the developmental philosophy behind all of our supplements, we have put together another endogenous supplement for your brain, this time to assist you with the quality of your sleep.
What do we mean by an "endogenous" supplement? We mean a supplement consisting of compounds which are not foreign to the body, but one containing nutrients which form a natural part of the day-to-day activities and biochemical pathways of the body. We mean essential nourishment required for maintenance of life, growth, and for the optimal health of your body.
Up till now we have not found a single product to address all aspects of sleep disturbances we wanted to address, such as over-thinking before bed, the effects of stress and anxiety, the stimulating effects of caffeine, magnesium deficiency and more. This being the case, we developed what was lacking, and so was born Nootropic Sleep Enhancer.
1) Folinic Acid: The Nootropic Multi is the first brand to use folinic acid in a supplement designed for sleep optimization. Anecdotally, folinic acid has been shown to help some people fall asleep more easily.
This is a form of folic acid which does not require activation by a particular enzyme called MTHF Reductase. What this means is that folinic acid is potentially more bioavailable to some individuals than other forms of this vitamin.
2) Magnesium: An electrolyte, meaning an electrically charged mineral, which when dissolved in water becomes conductive to electricity. This is essential to the conduction of nerve impulses.
Anecdotally, magnesium has been shown to help with falling asleep as well as sleep quality.
3) Glycine: An amino acid which has both calmative as well as excitatory actions. It supports liver detox.
4) Taurine: An amino acid with calmative properties; thought to help balance out potential excitatory effects of glycine. Taurine also supports liver detox.
5) Beta Hydroxybutyrate: Otherwise known as BHB, this molecule may increase the amount of adenosine available to the body. Adenosine functions in the nervous system and is what is called a neuromodulator.
When Adenosine binds to the Adenosine receptor it helps one fall asleep. Caffeine keeps a person awake by blocking the adenosine receptors, not allowing the adenosine to do its work.
Adding extra Adenosine is thought to help flood the receptor sites, thereby competing with the caffeine so that more Adenosine gets to bind to the receptor.
6) Agmatine: Another truly novel compound in a sleep formulation is this compound derived from the amino acid Arginine.
Agmatine has recently been regarded as a neurotransmitter or neuromodulator, and is still relatively unheard of, even in academic circles.
As this is a recently discovered neurotransmitter we are sure to see much exciting research into this compound in the future. Certainly in our own experience we have found Agmatine to be a remarkable compound, with extraordinary benefit.
Agmatine may help calm down the nervous system, through its interaction with the "NMDA Receptor."
7) N-acetylcysteine: Another NMDA Receptor Modulator which has a secondary benefit in that it assist with liver detoxification pathways.
8) Tryptophan: An amino acid which is used by the body to produce serotonin as well as melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone associated with healthy sleep cycles (circadian rhythms).
9) GABA: An inhibitory neurotransmitter naturally produced by the body.
10) Phosphatidylserine: PS as been shown to help reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol plays a significant role in wakefulness.
Phosphatidylserine forms part of the plasma membrane of neurons, and has a significant impact on their signaling processes.
Nootropic Sleep Enhancer is a unique blend of some of the most effective ingredients we've found as having a beneficial effect on one's quality of sleep.
Take 1-3 capsules before sleep, preferably on an empty stomach.
Can be used daily, every other day, or as and when you feel you need it.
WHY HAVE WE NOT USED CERTAIN INGREDIENTS
In our practice we sometimes find that clients don't respond well to the herb Valerian, when it is prescribed for sleep purposes. Sometimes we get reports the opposite effect, with clients saying that Valerian actually keeps them awake. Other have claimed that Valerian use can lead to vivid and unpleasant dreams. Valerian may also not be great for those with liver issues.
Melatonin also is of limited effect for many individuals, and is sometimes contra-indicated. Melatonin leaves some feeling drowsy the following morning.
Cannabis is often great for sleep, although long-term use can affect REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep. REM sleep is an important part of the sleep cycle.
As such we've added no Valerian, no Melatonin, no pharmaceuticals, no cannabis and no herbs to this supplement.
Enjoy. And please do let us know how you find it by leaving us a review after you've used a bottle. We love hearing your feedback, and it also helps us do a better job in serving you.